Seems like a lot of churn lately in publishing. Here are a few links about some of it.
* Advice from Tolkein for writers.
* Are you an anxious writer? Here’s some thoughts on that.
* All writers experience this at one time or another: the BCoD.
* This is an interesting perspective on the Authors United nonsense. Content flood indeed.
*In honor of Banned Book Week: some interesting facts about what is banned today (and links to banned books in the past)
* The truth about Little House on the Prairie…interesting.
* More woes for Ellora’s Cave?
* When movies get well-known book characters wrong. I tend to disagree with many of these.
* A good interview with Stephen King about writing.
* Let’s put “wealth” in perspective (as in Jane Austen novels). Turns out, yes, Mr. Darcy was wealthy.
* How to get reviewed or featured by Amazon. Is it really so simple?
* Can writing be taught? I think it is a craft, and can be taught, but to write well, one must have talent, too.
* Sleep in the home of the literary giants. I doubt these homes look anything like the ones the authors might recognize.
* The publishing year, so far.